Am I Getting Old or Just Plain Ignorant?

So we have a visitor in town...

The husband's cousin is in town and so he is staying with us one night. We were talking and he said something was "crude." What in the world does crude mean? I know I am kinda boring in my middle twenties but I am not uncool yet. So not uncool! Well according to my sister I am but what does a middle schooler know?? I thought I was still kinda hip (do they even use that lingo anymore?) but now that I have signed my contract to teach maybe it officially makes me in the working world and not as cool! Nah! The Jones' twins told me I was the coolest today! Thank goodness someone thinks so! Ha! Okay, back to the subject at hand...

CRUDE: existing in a natural state and unaltered by cooking or processing 2archaic : unripe, immature 3: marked by the primitive, gross, or elemental or by uncultivated simplicity or vulgarity 4: rough or inexpert in plan or execution 5: lacking a covering, glossing, or concealing element : obvious 6: tabulated without being broken down into classes.
So, I can officially say I learned something new today, by a 13 year old. Well time will tell what I will be learning from these first graders. If you hear me going around using this word, I am probably trying to sound cool and/or smart! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. I thought they said crude back in the 90's? Along with other stuff like...grody(grodie?). I dk. I just know Ive heard it said and just assumed it was like a synonym for rude.

    ReplyDelete