Swiss Chicken Dinner

The husband and I tried a new recipe I found a few weeks ago at Kelly's Korner when she hosted a recipe swap. I went through all the recipe's names and picked out the ones that sounded best and copied them down. Kinda like judging a book by it's cover. Don't lie- we all do it! This recipe was posted from A Southern Boy and A City Girl Blog. So, one of the recipes I stumbled across was Swiss Chicken Recipe...Yes, it does seem that all my recipes do consist of chicken, but hey I am picky! Plus, it is so easy and cheap.

Swiss Chicken Recipe


3 or 4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
Swiss Cheese Slices
(you need to cover the chicken....Zach likes a ton of cheese though so it is up to you how much)
1/4 cup of White Cooking Wine
(or drinking wine if you have it around the house)
1 box of Stuffing
Butter
(can't have a good recipe without butter!)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix 
COC soup with Wine. Lay chicken into cooking dish. I usually use a 9 x 13 pyrex. Pour mixture over the chicken. Lay the Swiss Cheese over the chicken....however much you want. Cover with stuffing. Pour the butter, once again however much you like, over the stuffing and cook for 45 min to 1 hr. Check after 45 to see if chicken is fully cooked. I also sometimes cover with aluminum foil for the first 30 minutes so the stuffing doesn't burn, but you know your oven.


The husband and I loved it!! Please, please try it! Yum and easy!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute blog!! I look forward to reading future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds (and looks) delicious! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really delish!! I have to watch what I eat,but My husband would LOVE That dish! Plus, he loves stuff with leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing!! I love cheese too. And chicken. And stuffing. Looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just copied this down as it looks delicious! We just bought a ridiculous amount of chicken on our latest trip to BJ's. BTW - your polka dot plates are so cute!

    ReplyDelete