What's A Girl To Do?

A while back I posted about my sweater still having the sensor on it. The sweater was from another state and I had already trashed the receipt. I pulled it out again to take it to the same store here in town to see if they could remove the sensor. The husband told me I shouldn't ask them to take the sensor off because then they might think I stole it-which I DID NOT-thank you very much! The husband told me instead he thought he could get it off! I should have thought about this... Thank gosh it wasn't the ink kind! Could you imagine it exploding ll over him? So the husband got all of his tools ready to conduct surgery! Seriously!?

So he tried to get it off using pliers...


Then a saw!


Then some other kind-of tool! This was going no where fast!


We couldn't get it. Now I had a buss-up sensor on my sweater and now it really looks like I stole it because I have tampered with the merchandise! No taking it back now! Sad day! I ended up getting so frustrated and ripped the sensor through the sweater!

Leaving me with a hole! The worst that could happen is if I sew it up-maybe no one will ever notice! I'll let you know how this turns out!


15 comments:

  1. I think if you take it to a professional tailor they would be able to sew it up just right so no one would even notice. Go to a good tailor though. Ask around and find someone reputable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to the husband for trying. What a task. It amazes me how strong those little buggers are.

    Keep us posted. I hope you get it fixed soon so you can enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to me once. I did take it to the store in my town (I had also bought it out of state) and showed them my credit card receipt. The girl laughed and said this happens! I am impressed you guys went at it!! Sorry about the hole! You can def. sew it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has happened to me before! I hope it works to sew it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that sucks! I hate when that happens. Hopefully you can fix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like it could be easliy fixed. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when they leave the sensors on! I hate taking stuff back with them on because, like you said, it makes you look like you stole it. Props for your hubby for trying to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BUMMER!! but I bet you could TOTALLY sew it up!

    you could have taken it to a different store. I used to work in retail and ppl did it ALL of the time!! I mean...even if I DID think that they stole it...what was I to say?!!? PLUS, you look so sweet and innocent...no one woud think that YOU stole anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had this happen as well. I think you could sew it up and no one would notice! Plus, you are going to wear something under it so I don't think it will be that big of a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I think you should be able to sew it up. But props the the hubby for attempting the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH girl that stinks! I would have have been scared to take it back toO!! Hopefully you can sew the hole closed and no one will ever notice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too funny, no not really as now you are left with a hole in a brand new perfectly good sweater! As a sewer from way back, I think you can carefully stitch it up and no one will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back in college I worked at Bebe for 3 years and they taught us how to take a sensor off (to show us how people get them off when they steal clothes). You can actually pop it off with a rubber band. If you wanna know how for future in case this happens again, just email me. I don't want to post it on here to show people how to steal, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man, I hate when that happens. Maybe one of those cute appliques that they're showing on sweaters at Anthropology. I've had this happen before but always took it back to the store. But since you got it elsewhere that made it awfully complicated.

    ReplyDelete