A Little Lent Change...

Pinned Image
For Lent, the hubs and I added reading the bible daily following a 365 schedule. After reading for over a week now, I felt like we were dreading reading it and just reading it fast to get through it. I wasn't even paying attention to what was being said so I felt like this wasn't how it should be done. So, we are reading a book called 365 Pocket Prayers. I want to fell uplifted after reading and I want to be left with something to think about. Maybe oneday I'll try the Bible again but for right now we are sticking to daily prayer and passage reading.

{Hope your Lent is going well!}

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a terrific idea..the BIBLE can be overwhelming..I think if you did a Bible study at church you would enjoy it more.. I love a daily devotional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! I've tried the same thing only to dread it. If you ever get the chance to do a Beth Moore study, do it!! I'm doing the study on James right now and LOVE IT. You would love Beth Moore and in her homework she takes you all over the bible. It's great. Good for you for modifying rather than abandon all together!!! :) As for my lent sacrifice, I haven't had sweets since the day before Ash Wednesday and am doing great!!

    ReplyDelete