Can You Ever Get Ahead??

{This is a deep post, ha... well, deeper than some, most!}
Pinned Image
Do you ever feel like you just can't get ahead??

I am constantly worried about the future. Is this a mother thing or a getting older thing?

We try so hard not to spend money, yet I feel like we can't get ahead.

If it's not one thing, it's another.

The house is on the market and I pray daily for God to point me in the right direction and if it's His will, please help us move back "home".

We have no debt (except for student loans) yet, I see friends with so much more than we have. Is this the American dream?

How will I ever have another child, two in daycare? Crazy... we pay $640 a month now!

I pray daily, hourly, that I am doing the right thing for my family, friends, life, faith, am I on the right path, am I kind enough, am I Christian enough, do I pray enough, do I set a good example for my daughter, do I do enough for my Kindergarteners? I am always second guessing myself.

One thing I do know is that...

I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, a job that I love, a roof over my head, a car to get me around, a relationship with Christ, and an education. I am truly blessed! I won't always have the answers or the nicest things, but that's okay!

6 comments:

  1. That post was exactly what I needed to hear today. I have those feelings at least once a day if not more. When you put into perspective how much more we have than most people around the world it makes me grateful. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that, sometimes (quite often, actually), those people you feel like have more than you, have mounds of debt and live beyond their means. Having no debt except student loans is huge at our age! I often feel like I look around and everyone I know is jetting off to some exotic location, or taking a big trip, or redoing a room in their house, or buying this or that, and I wonder what we're doing wrong. But then I remember that my husband is so conscious about staying out of debt, and that will serve us well in the long run! So keep your chin up :-)

    In regards to daycare, we're in the process of putting our names on some waiting lists since we are expecting in November and will need childcare come January. Where do you send Grayson? I am in desperate need of some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way you do. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone! I'm a new mom and I question if I'm doing as much as I need to for my baby, my husband, my relationship with the Lord...isn't the list endless? I have had such a hard time with anxiety, but have gotten better at turning it over to God, he will always provide! Its so hard to look at what others have, but being free of debt is important for us. Day care starts at $2,000 a month here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your life is your life and do NOT compare it to others..you chos eyour husband and he you..and you are both in giving field where the pay is great but it isn't bad either..the student debt was to help you make more money..so that is worth it.. I think contentment goes a LONG way..being DEBT FREE is wonderful..consider yourself blessed because I guarantee they are NOT!! you are a great teacher, friend, wife and mother!

    ReplyDelete