DIY Chevron Double Stacked Picture Frame

Can you tell I’m on a chevron kick? LOVE it!!
I am also in love with those double stacked picture frames, but NOT their price tag. So, what’s a girl to do? Make her own! Now you can too!!
Here’s what you need (plus gorilla glue). 3 flat canvases, wooden frames, sandpaper, nails to hang them up, and paint. I did not end up putting polyurethane on mine.
IMG_4366
Trace your pattern…
IMG_4367
Using painters tape, tape off the parts you don’t want painted…
IMG_4368
I outlined where the picture frame was going to go so I didn’t have to tape it or paint it.. Does that make sense? See…
IMG_4371
Go spray paint outside…
IMG_4372IMG_4375
Then sand away. I was sanding it by hand until my arm fell off and decided to break out the hubs’ sander!  Much easier!
IMG_4376
Ok, here’s where it got tricky. I tried to hot glue the picture inside the pink frame and then glue the pink frame to the chevron, but that did NOT work! So, I headed to lose and bought some Gorilla Glue which did the trick. Don’t forget when using Gorilla glue that you need to let it sit with something hard on it to make it stick really well. I laid the coffee table over and placed it on the frames for 30 minutes.
And here you go…
I am in LOVE!
IMG_4378IMG_4379IMG_4381

26 comments:

  1. SO cute! i may just have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I'm obsessed with chevron anything! I would love for you to come link up your homepage at my Get Social Sunday party and show off your blog!
    http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOOOO cute! I am in love with cheveron right now too!!!
    New follower - Misty @ http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love love!!!!! I need to so this! You did an AMAZING job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the stacked frames too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are my hero!! I would like 3 please! Brown Chevron..light blue frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love chevron too..these are very cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out great! I have been wanting to make similar frames, so I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so so cute! I'm loving all the fun chevron things I'm seeing. I'm painting a box with that pattern now. I may have to make one of those - I love the lime green and pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the colour combination!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very cute! Love your step by step instructions, too! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love chevron too and this ideas is fabulous!! Thanks for sharing:)
    Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very fun, and I love the bright colors that you chose.

    throughbetsyslookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute frame! Love these in a cute baby nursery. I'm a new follower from a blog hop and would love if you stopped by and followed back!
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These turned out so cute! I've seen something similar to this but they used two frames instead of a canvas.
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I included this in my Feature Friday post! http://www.aglimpseinsideblog.com/2012/08/feature-friday-76.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Oh my gosh.. the whole thing together is just waaayyy too much cuteness in one little frame! Love the chevron and the PINK!
    Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party .. I am your newest follower!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute and sweet!Love the colors too!! Thank you for sharing at Uncommon! :) Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!!! Love the vintage feel!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely fab!! Hope you can link up at my trendy tuesday party!! hhttp://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/08/trendy-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are so cute! Chevron seems to be getting so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These turned out so cute! Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday, you've been featured! :) Stop by and grab an "I was featured" button. Hope to see you again this week.

    Michelle
    www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete